As an association of professionals, EPCOH promotes the discussion of current topics relevant in matters of estate and administration planning. Through the exchange of ideas and information, our goal is to consistently improve our member’s ability to assist clients in achieving their estate planning goals.
By joining EPCOH, you are entitled to attend our regularly scheduled dinner meetings, and the annual general meeting dinner. At each event, time is set aside to promote networking and interaction across traditional professional boundaries. Presentations on estate and tax planning issues are given at each meeting by members or guest speakers. Topics in the past have included Use of Trusts in Blended Family Estate Planning, Post Mortem Estate Planning, and Preserving the Family Business.
Who can apply for Membership?
The nomination process is designed to assist the Executive in assessing the qualifications of proposed members to ensure that all members of EPCOH meet the highest standards. The Executive is responsible to review each application for membership to ensure that the nominee meets the membership requirements:
1. Members shall belong to at least one of the following categories:
- Financial Planners / Insurance Advisors / Investment Advisors
- Estate Professionals.
2. Members must:
- Have at least 5 years of full-time business experience in estate planning*
- Hold a professional designations such as PFP, RFP, CFA, CFP, CLU, ChFC, CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, LLB, JD or combination of these
- Participate actively at meetings of the Council and be willing and able to contribute by virtue of their technical knowledge, experience, and personality; and
- Adult persons that live and/or be practicing in the Region of Halton business community.
*If you cannot meet the criteria of at least five years of full-time business experience, you may apply as a non-voting member provided that you have the specific knowledge, experience and interest in contributing towards the advancement and development of the objects of the Council.
If you are interested in applying to EPCOH, please CONTACT US